July 30th, 2007
"Live Trax" features recordings from their Meadow Brook Music Festival performance in Rochester Hills, Michigan in 1995 through to their March 2007 show at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, with additional performances at Golden Gate Park, Fenway Park and Hampton Coliseum.
Starbucks and XM Radio have also developed a promotion to support "Live Trax" and to introduce customers to the newly re-launched Starbucks music channel exclusively on XM, "Starbucks XM Cafe" (XM 45). From July 31, 2007, through August 31, 2007, a Starbucks in-store sweepstakes will offer customers who sign up for a free trial of XM Radio Online, XM's Internet streaming service, the chance to win tickets, passes and a meet-and-greet with Dave Matthews at The Hollywood Bowl on October 2, among other prizes. Complete details will be available online (http://www.xmradio.com/dmb) beginning Tuesday, July 31.
"We are pleased to partner with XM Radio on this unique in-store promotion and opportunity to introduce our customers to our newly re-launched channel on XM," said Ken Lombard, president of Starbucks Entertainment. "The programming at Starbucks XM Cafe adds rich texture to our coffeehouse experience; and this promotion furthers our mission to connect artists with their fans--in this case the exceptional talent of Dave Matthews Band, who have one of the most passionate followings in music."
In addition to the in-store sweepstakes, XM will offer subscribers special Dave Matthews Band programming. To coincide with the "Live Trax" release, beginning Tuesday, July 31, the Starbucks XM Cafe channel will celebrate with special episodes of the specialty music show "The Daily Grind," highlighting songs from the new album throughout the week. "The Daily Grind" airs weekdays at 3 p.m. ET/12 noon PT on the Starbucks XM Cafe channel, with additional encores airing weeknights at 1 a.m. ET/11 p.m. PT.
"XM's partnership to support the release of 'Live Trax' is a big win for all involved," said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming for XM. "Starbucks and Dave Matthews Band will reach passionate music fans through the newly re-launched Starbucks XM Cafe channel and XM will provide our more than 8.25 million subscribers with a first listen to the latest release from Dave Matthews Band, a remarkable group of musicians and one of the foremost music acts of the last decade."
Live Trax Track list
1. "Dancing Nancies" (Live Trax, Vol. 7: 12.31.1996 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA)
2. "When the World Ends" (Live Trax, Vol. 8: 8.7.2004 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI)
3. "Where Are You Going" (Live Trax, Vol. 2: 9.12.2004 Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA)
4. "Die Trying" (Live Trax, Vol. 9: 3.23 - 3.24.2007 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV)
5. "#41" (Live Trax, Vol. 4: 4.30.1996 Classic Amphitheatre, Richmond, VA)
6. "Don't Drink The Water" (Live Trax, Vol. 6: 7.7 - 7.8.2006 Fenway Park, Boston, MA)
7. "Grace Is Gone" (Live Trax, Vol. 3: 8.27.2000 Meadows Music Theatre, Hartford, CT)
8. "PNP/Rapunzel" (Live Trax, Vol. 1: 12.28.1998 Centrum, Worcester, MA)
9. "Tripping Billies" (Live Trax, Vol. 5: 8.23.1995 Meadow Brooks Music Festival, Rochester Hills, MI)
About Starbucks Coffee Company
Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq:SBUX) provides an uplifting experience that enriches people's lives one moment, one human being, one extraordinary cup of coffee at a time. To share in the experience, visit www.starbucks.com.
For Starbucks, contact:Starbucks EntertainmentDoug Cavarocchi, email@example.comI/D Public RelationsAllison Elbl, firstname.lastname@example.org://www.businesswire.com/cnn/sbux.shtmlorFor XM Radio, contact:XM RadioAnne-Taylor Adams, email@example.comFor Dave Matthews Band, contact:Red LightAmbrosia Healy, firstname.lastname@example.org